gnoppix-user

Re: [Gnoppix-user] gnoppix-0.6.0-beta2

From: Harold Bower
Subject: Re: [Gnoppix-user] gnoppix-0.6.0-beta2
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:04:58 -0400

0.6.0-beta2 solved whatever was wrong with the boot process in beta1,
but now, the "lang=en" boot argument does not seem to set a usable
keyboard mapping (I think it is the German keyboard map), which makes
for a pretty unusable terminal.

Gnome 2.4 looks good.  I have never used the transparent terminal
feature before, and it was a bit shocking at first.

The boot process is different, and the lack of options available with
'F2' that previous versions had was missed.  A second boot was needed
where the boot line "credative lang=en screen=1280x1024" set things up
with the screen in proper mode (LCD native size) on the Epia 5000 board.

Keep up the good work.  I'll try installing to hard disk tomorrow.

Hal