gnoppix-user

Re: [Gnoppix-user] gnoppix-0.6.beta 2 boot & lilo problems

From: Andreas Mueller
Subject: Re: [Gnoppix-user] gnoppix-0.6.beta 2 boot & lilo problems
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 12:08:31 +0200

Am Sa, den 18.10.2003 schrieb Mo Braich um 03:20:
> Now I downloaded and burnt a cd.Live cd lokks great. Then I decided to
> install on hd.It installed but after booting Gnome desktop shows up but there
> is nothing  else there...no task bar or any icon..just blank screen with
> Gnome logo on right hand side.Regarding Lilo first I chose root partion and
> made a floppy but when I tried to boot from floppy .....'boot failed' and
> when I check the floppy there is nothing on it..
> I noticed that while it was making a boot floppy I saw these lines on the
> screen..

Building a bootfloppy doesnt work at the moment, the bootsystem is
changes to 2.88 bootfloppies.

> Ignore entry 'boot'
> Ignore entry 'install'
> Ignore entry 'map'
> Could that be the problem that floppy did not load anything.

so it is. It was changed after 0.5.99, see the CHANGES for details.

> Then I reinstalled and for Lilo I chose MBR and I did make a floppy but after
> booting upto Gnome desktop the screen is blank........from flopyy ...'boot
> failed' since there is nothing there.
> Also while it was booting  I saw these lines..as well..

I didnt tried the installer, unfortunately i´ve no maschine left :(

> failed to execute /sbin/modprobe -S -K scsi_hostadapter, erno= 2
> I dont have any scsi adapter.
> Can you please shed some light on this?

thats correct every non-scsi system shows this error, doesnt matter
its a Debian/Redhat/Mandrake or a live System. You can easly ignore it.

Best Regards,
Andreas