gnoppix-user

[Gnoppix-user] boot hang on 0.6b3

From: Ed Harrison
Subject: [Gnoppix-user] boot hang on 0.6b3
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:24:26 -0500

Hi,

I am new to the list.  I am Ed Harrison.  I have been using variations of linux
for about 7 years: Caldera, Red Hat and now SuSE.

I heard a lot of accolades for using livesystems as a rescue method, i.e.
resizing, partitioning, fs-checks, etc.

I decided on gnoppix because I normally use the gnome desktop.

I dl'ed the ISO for 0.6beta3 and burned it.

On boot up hardware detection, the system hangs of Probing aic7xxx_old.o, after
successfully finding aic7xxx.o (I have the card but no devices are attached).
It was originally there to handle a scsi ORB drive which has since died and
been removed.  I have tried the various parameters: noacpi, acpi=off and
failsafe with no success

I noticed in the archives that this problem was brought up for 0.6beta1 on a
smp system.  I am unable to find if a solution was discovered.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Ed Harrison