[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Some "How Do I" questions

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Some "How Do I" questions
Date: 06 Sep 2003 23:55:44 +0900

Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:
> Ok, I just updated to patch-41, but I still get:
> Anything else I can do to help you debug this?

How about running the script with `sh -x' and send me the output (also
modify tla-cvs-sync so it uses `sh -x' to run tla-update-tags too).

Seeing the contents of the various temporary files it created
(everything starting with a comma) might also give some clue (maybe
comment out the line that removes them).

Also try making mawk your default /usr/bin/nawk (mawk is the default on
Debian actually, so I'm a bit surprised you're using gawk if you don't
do any awk hacking yourself).

The fact that the error is `fatal error: internal error' is a bit
mystifying, I'm not even sure what that means (a bug in gawk?).

-Miles
--
`Life is a boundless sea of bitterness'