[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Some "How Do I" questions

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Some "How Do I" questions
Date: 07 Sep 2003 11:17:02 +0900

Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:
> Ah, switching to mawk worked.
>
> I don't have any updates in CVS to try to make it crash again,
> unfortunately.

Cool.

Maybe I'll try making a test CVS repos and see if I can get to gawk to
fail myself.

BTW, you should check out awk sometime, it's vaguely aimed at the same
problem space as perl, but it's an utterly cleaner language (it has
something like 1/20 of perl's syntax!), and is almost universally
installed on unix systems.  If Larry Wall had any taste, perl would have
looked an awful lot more like awk...

-Miles
--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."