Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Call for an Icon

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Call for an Icon
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 13:26:27 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: wave++ <address@hidden>

    >   http://www.yuv.info/~wavexx/octothing.png

    > Well, it lacks some suckers.. but I'm really too tired today.
    > If it looks appealing to some, I can finish it.

Cute.  I like how, in that pose, the tentacles are reminiscent of the
horns on the GNU gnu.  Will it scale down well, e.g. for use as the
graphic on www.gnu.org/software/gnu-arch?  or on a desktop?

Of the two front-most tentacles, the one on the right looks like it's
not really attached to the octopus.  I'm no artist but the solid black
line on the "western" edge of the tentacle doesn't look quite right to
me.  And I think the suckers should be smaller --- at least in the
dimension of height relative to tentacle.

An octopus is potentially a very cool character to use for arch.
They're pretty smart, I've heard.  They're also very flexible so you
can pose it all sorts of ways, should the need for that come up.
And, if they don't like you, they just spew a cloud of "ink" at you
and scoot away.