[Gnu-arch-users] Re: What are version numbers?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: What are version numbers?
Date: 11 Sep 2003 10:48:59 +0900

Andrew Suffield <address@hidden> writes:
> I have several projects where it's wasted space, and doesn't
> mean a damn thing - I generally leave it as 0.1 or 1.0 or
> something.

I use just `0' -- if nothing else, it's easier to type!  It also conveys
some sense that it doesn't correspond to any real world version.

[Also, if you eventually decide to use real version numbers, 0 is
guaranteed to be sort before them...]

-Miles
--
Freedom's just another word, for nothing left to lose   --Janis Joplin