Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Tutorial as one big page

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Tutorial as one big page
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:17:14 +0900

    Tom> The negatives of "one big page" are: (a) more work for me;
    Tom> (b) unkind to web hosts.

I think both are nearly negligible.  For (a), two trivial (for you;
let the contributors maintain them) implementations of "one big page"
have been suggested already.  For (b) it's static content.  Octet
count is modest (few if any images, no voice or movies), so bandwidth
is negligible.  What matters is hit count, and "one big page"
(especially for reference material, which can be cached and accessed
locally) clearly wins there.