Re: [Gnu-arch-users] New user - building on Cygwin

From: Karl Waclawek
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] New user - building on Cygwin
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:02:49 -0400

More feed back on make test under Cygwin:

> - create separate "build" directory (parallel to src)
> - cd to this directory
> - run ../src/configure --with-cc gcc --config-shell /bin/bash
> - run make
>
> Which works fine. Then I ran make test and got errors, the same
> as in the archived message, i.e. for the "fs-tests" directory
> (the error messages not telling me much),

Main problem was: ~/ expandion did not work right.
Reason: In Cygwin, sh maps to ash, not bash.
Once I pointed sh to bash this test worked fine.

Question: Except for these tests, is tla sensitive
to the fact that sh really is ash and not bash under Cygwin?

Karl