[Gnu-arch-users] Ordering of tagging methods

From: Parker, Ron
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Ordering of tagging methods
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:51:14 -0500

It has been awhile since I had looked at arch.  In the process of working
through the tutorial using tla, I ran into the following.  At one point
after editing a log file, I ran 'tla inventory' and got the following
output:

$ tla inventory
P ./address@hidden
U ./hw.c
U ./main.c

It struck me as curious that the first file was marked as precious.  Is it
the intended behavior that arch counts backups of precious files as
precious?

As a side note, I assumed that the order in which the filters from
{arch}/=tagging-method were applied was hard coded in tla, but decided to
test it out by moving the backup filter before the precious filter in that
file.  As I suspected this had no effect upon the inventory output.