Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: documentation as info

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: documentation as info
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:04:17 -0400

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 10:01:59AM -0700, Zack Brown wrote:
> Why not use DocBook instead? It's far more flexible.

(1) It's butt-ugly, like all sgml derivatives.   Its extremely verbose
    tagging syntax puts the emphasis on the tags and not on the text.
    Indeed, it seems to be _worse_ than `traditional' sgml; at least the
    docbook source I've seen wraps _every_ paragraph in <para>...</para> --
    nice for the document processing program, not so nice for the document
    author.

(2) It's heavily promoted by Eric Raymond; that alone should give you pause...

-Miles
--
We have met the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo