Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: documentation as info

From: Zack Brown
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: documentation as info
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:48:42 -0700

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 10:59:26AM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:

>     > From: Denys Duchier <address@hidden>
>
>     > Florian Weimer <address@hidden> writes:
>
>     > > Perhaps we should make Texinfo the master documentation source anyway?
>
>     > I am very much in favor of that option
>

> While I acknowledge that the current doc language is, to put it
> mildly, problematic, please allow me to discourage a mad rush to
> texinfo.
>
> I intend to make improvements in this area but (a) don't consider
> texinfo-as-source much of an improvement and (b) want to work on this
> a bit later, rather than sooner.

Tom, *PLEASE* be more timely in accepting doc patches. There have been no
updates to the tutorial for weeks, and patches are just rotting in your
inbox. You're making it impossible for people to learn tla or to help
others learn it.

Don't sit on that part of the project. You *have* to let it breathe if
people are going to be able to get anywhere.

At this point I'm considering forking off the tutorial, changing the file
format, and putting it on a new web page. What are folks' thoughts on that?

Be well,
Zack