Re: [Gnu-arch-users] get-patch/show-changeset -> inconsistent or no?

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] get-patch/show-changeset -> inconsistent or no?
Date: 18 Sep 2003 08:15:09 -0700

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 06:23, Tom Lord wrote:

>     > From: Robert Anderson <address@hidden>
>
>     > In order to look at a patch, you do:
>
>     > tla get-patch [revision]
>     > tla show-changeset [dir]
>
>     > Is that an inconsistency,
>
> Yes, sort of.
>
> I guesss you could say that it's short for "patch level" but
> it should probably be called/aliased "get-changeset".

Hmm.  Does that mean patch-logs should now be called changeset-logs?
And delta-patch should be delta-changeset?  And the 'help' sections
should be 'Changset Commands' and 'Changeset Log Commands'?  And the
help for logs, add-log, remove-log, log-ls, changelog, new-merges,
whats-missing, and sync-tree should be changed?

I'm inclined to say don't bother, but rather go back to the consistent
'patch' terminology.  'changeset' is multisyllabic and clunky sounding,
I think.

Bob