[Gnu-arch-users] Re: -L option for tag?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: -L option for tag?
Date: 19 Sep 2003 14:07:34 +0900

Robert Anderson <address@hidden> writes:
> I'm using "tag version" to mean a version that has a base-0 and all
> subsequent revisions created with a tag command.

BTW, is it alright to use `tag' to create _occasional_ tagged versions
in branch, e.g., base-0 = tag, patch-1 = patch, patch-2 = patch,
patch-3 = tag, ...?  This seems convenient in some cases, but I vaguely
recall a warning against it somewhere.

Thanks,

-Miles
--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research