Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: UI change proposal: *-tag -> *->id

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: UI change proposal: *-tag -> *->id
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:37:54 -0700

On Friday, Sep 19, 2003, at 06:59 US/Pacific, Bruce Stephens wrote:

In this case I think deviating from CVS is probably better. CVS
never got branching right, and that's one of the things tla is
really good at.  At the same time, "tagging" a file to have a
particular string at the end makes perfect sense. "tagging" a
category to a new archive is much less intuitive.

Probably all true.  That suggests removing "tla tag", and replacing it
with "tla branch".

I think this makes sense. Conceptually, it was a small hurdle to cross to understand that ``tla tag'' would give me the ability to pull the current state of a project in someone else's archive into my own and let me start editing.

Perhaps we should add a ``label'' concept and just get rid of ``tag'' altogether.

--
Dustin Sallings