Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Cross Platform Path issues

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Cross Platform Path issues
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:56:16 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Robert Collins <address@hidden>

    > Thats beside the point. Only arch needs to see the files in that deep
    > structure, compilers and the like only need the actual source files.

The thing is, the arch paths aren't _that_ deep.   Solutions that
shorten those paths will just be barely hiding the larger problem, not
really fixing it.

The idea of updating cygwin so that it can use larger paths sounds
like the most winning solution.   I'm surprised nobody has spent some
money in that direction, by now.