Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Inertia on lkml?

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Inertia on lkml?
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:48:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Adam Spiers wrote:

> How is it that such brilliantly clever guys such as Linus and Andrea
> seem *so* slow on the uptake when it comes to arch?  What am I
> missing?  It's not as if arch hasn't been mentioned many many times on
> lkml already ...

Manner. They simply used to use BK and since it is running enough for
them, they forget to research to use any other technology. Don't forget:
there are a _lot_ of other open source version controls now...Maybe they
still think that Arch is just slow... and yes, I'm afraid BK is still
clear winner in term of performance when working on the large source trees
and yes, I agree that the gap bettwen BK and Arch is now more close thanks
to _excelent_ work done by Tom and you all others pushing your patches and
suggesting other ideas.

Thanks for your work!

Karel
--