Re: [Gnu-arch-users] NEW: three-way merges / conflict markers

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] NEW: three-way merges / conflict markers
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:23:56 +0200

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 11:37:17 -0700, Tom Lord wrote:

>     > From: Alexander Deruwe <address@hidden>
>
>     >>> Any chance of getting a -t option in 'tla redo'?  The conflict markers
>     >>> are much easier to work with, and I just found myself wishing 'redo'
>     >>> would support them as well.
>
>     >> But you need wiggle for that...
>
>     >> Recall that you don't have the full text of old and new files for the
>     >> patch; just the diff.
>
>     > Ah, right.
>

> Hold on.  Logically there _are_ three trees there.

OOPS, you are right. It only requires to take note which revision was
a result of that undo. Which is probably worth adding in the changeset.
If such a note was recorded in changeset, then application of such
changeset could accept -t option -- no matter if it's generated by
star-merge, undo, what-changed, taken from archive etc.