Re: [Gnu-arch-users] how to recover from large conflicts?

From: duchier
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] how to recover from large conflicts?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:37:10 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

>> purpose of producing patches.  I.e. basically I would like these two
>> lines to (in a way) "match":
>>
>>      AAA
>>              AAA
>>
>> but still produce a patch:
>>
>> -    AAA
>> +            AAA
>
> Actually that's exactly how `diff -l' _does_ work.

not here! -l is for pagination, and neither -b nor -w do what I want.
Here is a little experiment that's reasonably close to my situation:

----[REMOTE/FILE.orig]----
one
  two
    three
  four
five
--------------------------

----[REMOTE/FILE]---------
        one
          two
            three
          four
        five
--------------------------

----[LOCAL/FILE]----------
one
  two
  LOCAL MODIF
    three
  four
five

Now, try to take a diff of the "REMOTE" FILEs and apply it to the
"LOCAL" FILE.  Can you make this work?

Cheers,

--
Denys Duchier - Équipe Calligramme - LORIA, Nancy, France