Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:34:41 -0700

On Friday, Sep 26, 2003, at 14:18 US/Pacific, Tom Lord wrote:

I really don't think you should underestimate the "visibility"
argument until you gain some experience working heavily with
multi-project trees.

My argument was that visibility was a side-effect that could be achieved other ways. I'm not sure how important visibility is but I will accept that some people want it and am not recommending taking it away (hooks or whatever can maintain visibility while providing more useful visual cues). However, I don't think visibility should be forced on users who aren't interested in it.

We're talking about a directory that will rarely be accessed by users even when they do know what to do with it. It's used internally by tla (and other implementations). I don't think there's a reason it needs to be visible.

--
Dustin Sallings