Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: [arch-users] advanced usage advice: the pri

From: Paul Hedderly
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: [arch-users] advanced usage advice: the prism technique (fwd)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 09:21:13 +0100

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 01:40:18PM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> > about adding an argument to `tla get' so that it would hardlink instead
> > of copying files from the revision library (if possible)? It escapes my
>
> that would make it. Of course I'm playing risky, but I'm fine to deal
> with that risk, the payoff makes it worthwhile, it's simply up to me
> (not to the kernel since the kernel can't do that) to always do
> copy-on-write on all the checked out trees.

Would it be worth tla making the checked out files read-only. That way
if you try to edit it you get a warning at least. You would need to do a
"tla unlock ..." to edit it (which of course would rename and copy the
file, maybe restore original permissions.)

Just trying to think of ways to make this safer... :O)

--
Paul