Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs log parsing failure

From: Florian Weimer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs log parsing failure
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 01:22:00 +0200

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 12:01:34AM +0200, Harald Meland wrote:

> I (sort of) tried that already, but it got quite nasty -- do we have
> any guarantees about the order CVS will report revisions in?  From my
> endeavour with Mailman's CVS, I came to the following conclusions:

One would have to investigate the CVS source code to see if these are
really invariants, and even then, it's a lot of work to reimplement
this.  Furthermore, it can break suddenly with a new CVS version.

IOW, I don't think it's a good idea.

> ... or bite the bullet and accept that we have to edit the output of
> "cvs -q log" before passing it to "cscvs cache -f
> /name/of/fixed/log/file".

This could be the only solution that works.

Unfortunately, there isn't a command to suppress the log messages,
either.

> That might depend on how strict the access control has been set up on
> your server; for SF (which houses the Mailman CVS), this works:
>
>   $ ssh cvs.sf.net cvs -v

The other site is using pserver.  Hmm.  I'll check if I can run a "-v"
command nevertheless.