Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla update-config

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla update-config
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:49:43 +0200

> > > update or replay? They are (almost) equivalent in results, but replay is
> > > a LOT faster.
> >
> > update - I don't remember why, that seemed more appropriate to me.
>
> update == undo local changes + apply repository changes + redo local changes
> replay == apply repository changes

Thanks! That clarifies most of th things I wanted to know.

> Since order of application of non-conflicting patches (with common base)
> is not important, only difference is what gets in rejects on conflicts.
> That's not worth the extra work in most cases.

Well, adding an option to use replay instead of update is rather
trivial, methinks... :)

Ie, tla update-config would use update, tla update-config --replay would
use replay... Or I might add replay-config too... but that is either lot
of code duplication (I already copy&wasted too much), or needs some care
to implement nicely.

IOW, not for tonight :)

--
Gergely Nagy