Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla build-config --hard-links available too (fwd)

From: Davide Libenzi
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla build-config --hard-links available too (fwd)
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 23:49:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Pau Aliagas wrote:

> I've done the same than for get, implement an option called "hard-links".
> Woks for me (tm).
>
> The same warnings than for get apply:
> BE CAREFUL with hardlinks!!

I am currently playing with something like this and it seem to work. I did
a shared library (libflcow.so) that gets loaded with LD_PRELOAD and read a
FLCOW_PATH environment variable. Every file open RDWR inside the paths
listed inside the FLCOW_PATH gets decoupled from the link and gets its own
local copy. The libary hooks the open(2) function. If it passes the latest
tests tomorrow I'll make a package and I'll put in on my server.

- Davide