[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla update-config

From: Samuel Tardieu
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla update-config
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 10:21:42 +0200

Tom> But, perhaps what this points towards is the desirable of various
Tom> scripting language interfaces to tla?  Perhaps the underlying
Tom> issue that the kids these days have no appreciation for shell
Tom> programming :-)

I'm not sure. The reason for which I want an "update-config" or
similar is that if I'm going to work with configs on a collective
project, people I will try to get migrated to arch will ask "how do I
update the while thing?" (à la "cvs update")

I don't want to turn them down saying "just use this little shell
script" or "just type in this batch of commands". Arch's learning
curve is steeper than the one of other RCS I know (except maybe
Aegis), and I need it not to be even steeper if I want to sell Arch to
colleagues and friends.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- address@hidden -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam