[Gnu-arch-users] Re: named patches, patch order, patch queue manager

From: Pau Aliagas
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: named patches, patch order, patch queue manager
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 18:29:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Miles Bader wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 06:10:19PM +0200, Pau Aliagas wrote:
> > > I think you might want two namespaces for branch names:
> > > `pending', and `applied', with branches moving between them at different
> > > times (this is what my suggestion of a `hidden' flag was intended to
> > > simulate, in simple, albeit rather ad-hoc, manner).
> >
> > Why not have 2 repos?
>
> Because you want the branches to move between the two namespaces; you can't
> do that with 2 archives, unless you modify the archive (generally a no-no).

Maybe I'm missing something, but it sounds as something desirable:
-a trash archive for your "hacks" and "patch-pools"
-a refined archive where you show only the "exportable results"

You can even have both publically available for the sack of completion.
I see no difference of merging with other people's archives.

Pau