[Gnu-arch-users] fixing selected commit [preliminary code]

From: Denys Duchier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] fixing selected commit [preliminary code]
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 19:48:45 +0200

Guys,

I have some preliminary code to (ahem) fix selected commit.  I added
code to make-changeset.c to prune the data computed from the full
inventory.  Since, I am not too confident that I got this right:

  - I have left a lot of tracing statements on the "limits" code path

  - and arch_make_changeset will exit(2) instead of returning if
    limits are used (this leaves you with a changeset that you can
    inspect)

so far, the little tests I have tried seem to produce correct
changesets.

some moderatly tricky issues I had to handle:

  - a selected file in MOD may need to pull in its ancestor
    directories into the changeset (just directories, not content)

  - selected files and dirs may need to pull in their arch id files
    into the changeset

probably it's not entirely right,
probably it could be done simpler,
probably it's not what you want (hi Robert)

but if some kind soul could have a look anyway and provide some
feedback, I'd really appreciate.

Archive: address@hidden/tla--denys--1.1
Mirror : http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~duchier/ARCH/address@hidden

Cheers,