Re: [Gnu-arch-users] broken tree?

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] broken tree?
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 13:19:35 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Colin Walters <address@hidden>

    > On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 14:53, Dustin Sallings wrote:
    > >         I converted a tree from explicit to taglines and it broke
pretty
    > > badly.  For example:

    > I've seen this once before myself, but I'm having trouble reproducing
    > it.  Do you know exactly what conditions trigger it?

Given a file whose tag is currently defined by an embedded tag,
without modifying the file, explicitly tag it.

This can cause problems with various operations including `get', but
is a _fairly_ uncommon case (hence, no "emergency fix release".).
Will be fixed in the next release.  For now, work-arounds involve
removing {arch}/,,inode-sigs files at appropriate times.