[Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit
Date: 06 Oct 2003 10:31:46 +0900

Davide Libenzi <address@hidden> writes:
> I'll ask you a question though. Why no one of production/commercial
> SCM ever implemented the magic recognition feature?

Because they didn't think of it.

BK, at least, despite having tons of features, seems rather conservative
in many ways (despite Larry's blathering about being `years ahead of the
cutting edge').  Arch is rather refreshing in the way it breaks out of
the standard mold a bit.

It certainly _is_ true that users tend to recoil against changing their
ways, especially if doing so involves making tradeoffs.  But time will
tell.

-Miles
--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research