[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Design proposal to kill pristine trees

From: Pau Aliagas
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Design proposal to kill pristine trees
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:31:58 +0200 (CEST)

On 10 Oct 2003, Miles Bader wrote:

> Pau Aliagas <address@hidden> writes:
> > Let's go first for Tom's acceptable solution
>
> That's certainly a reasonable plan; having revlib path support at all
> would be a necessary base for anything more, and of course despite my
> complaining, the static-path version would be very useful (even for me :-).
>
> I think that adding a compute-the-path script on top of that would be
> very easy, so an external patch to do that could be maintained outside
> Tom's tree, once a static-path version is in place.  If it proves very
> useful, that would be more persuasive than random arguing on this list,
> and if it doesn't prove very useful, then that's fine too. :-).

I have almost finished adding a `-d' option to all the library functions :)
First step in the right direction.

Second step is much easier: add a hook script to look for revisions, where
you'll be able to add revisions according to your criteria.

Third step:
option 1) Add multipath search to library-find
option 2) Nothing: script returns path

As I have to go through steps 1 and 2 first, you can start writing a
teamplate script to add revisions on demand ;)

Pau