Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 14:47:42 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Neil Stevens <address@hidden>

    > > As far as I know there's nothing preventing arch from being used
    > > _exactly_ like CVS, with everyone committing to the same archive (and
    > > there's no obstacle to moving to more distributed development in that
    > > case either).

    > CVS has server-side hooks.  A move from CVS to arch loses that
    > functionality.

I have some questions: do CVS server-side hooks get to vote on whether
or not a transaction completes?   Do they get to postpone a second
transaction until after the hooks from a first transaction completes?

If the answers are both `no', then arch has server-side hooks in the
CVS sense too.   If either or both answers are `yes', then, yes, it's
reasonable to say there's a functional difference here.