Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:05:19 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>

    > NB: I tend to prefer your take on how to implement multi-committer
    > arch repositories.  But if OSU's admins refuse to provide the services
    > needed to host them, it will take an awful lot to convince me that
    > it's anything but a difference of opinion over appropriate use of OSU
    > resources.

NB: We aren't "fighting" OSU admins at all ---  we were, until he
switched focus -- fighting walters' internalized perception of them
and his acting out: taking out the perceived oppression by them on the
GNU arch project.   It's a thorny tangle in which his technical
judgment has been compromised by his presumption of their authority.
ebenson displays a similar bug.

It's his self-defeatest attitude with respect to those admins that I
find objectionable.  For all I know, the admins themselves are quite
sane if approached in an effective manner.  And if they're not sane,
then walters needs conciousness raising so that he can help to fix
them.

let's have fun with psychobabble,