Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-pqm 0.2

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-pqm 0.2
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:15:42 -0400

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 04:08, Thomas Zander wrote:

> - - unique identifycation. I.e. don't run more then one instance of the
> manager at the same time.

There is already a lock file that would prevent this.

> This is usefull to start the manager via dnotify (the shell command).
> - - daemon mode which uses dnotify (the kernel command) to wakeup as soon as
> request comes in.

Heh.  Funny you requested this - the software that I based tla-pqm off
of (mini-dinstall) does support this.  However, it is also rather
fragile and unreliable, mainly due to the "dnotify" shell command.
Also, a daemon mode would add a fair amount of complexity to the
program, and in the end I don't see significant advantages to it.

> ps. typo on webpage: in h 3:
> - - Then, every every developer branches off of it.
> + Then, every developer branches off of it.

Thanks, fixed in
address@hidden/tla-pqm--mainline--0.2--patch-3.