[Gnu-arch-users] stamping files with revision id's.

From: Robert Collins
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] stamping files with revision id's.
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 06:51:54 +1000

So I don't forget: this is one of the use cases I've got for hook:

The timing is sensitive though:
I need to know the revision number that is being assigned in the
repository in order to updated the files that have changed. And if I
error, the revision number needs to be released and the commit aborted.

I'm not sure what to call a hook with this timing property.

Rob