Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: support for per-directory categorization regexp

From: Robin Farine
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: support for per-directory categorization regexps (#6059)
Date: 20 Oct 2003 10:19:08 +0200

    Rob> On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 12:46, Miles Bader wrote:
    >> Does a .arch-inventory file apply to just the directory it's in, or the
    >> entire subtree rooted at that directory?  If a subdirectory of a
    >> directory with a .arch-inventory file _also_ has a .arch-inventory file,
    >> does it completely override the parent's .arch-inventory file?  If not,
    >> how are they combined?

    Rob> From my understanding: just the directory it's in. If you want a
    Rob> separate set of rules for a subdir - consider tagging-defaults or a sub
    Rob> project.

Yes, just in the directory it's in. For regexps that have to apply to
whole subtrees, the best is still to add them to "=tagging-method".

And if a combination of "=tagging-method" and ".arch-inventory" still
does not suffice, then I think it is time to reconsider the naming
conventions used in this project :)

--
rnf