Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Nit

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Nit
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 03:22:11 -0500

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Suffield <address@hidden> writes:
Andrew>
Andrew> [Incidentally, due to shoddy exceptions in the java standard
Andrew> library itself, java's blocking sockets interface is utterly
Andrew> useless for writing reliable network code; you must use the java
Andrew> 1.4 non-blocking sockets interface. So java-with-exceptions is
Andrew> actually worse than C-with-error-handling in some cases]

I'm not sure what you are talking about.  We've been writing reliable
network code with the Java 1.2.2 runtime for 3 years now.

--
 Mark A. Flacy
 Any opinions expressed above are my own.  Any facts expressed above