[Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch_inventory_traversal

From: RedHog (Egil Möller)
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch_inventory_traversal
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:47:51 +0200

(sorry for not using replay but post... I read the mails in a quite awkwad
manner)

>20 minutes is quite excessive.  What version of tla are you running?
>For trees this size, you really want to use one of the latest 1.1[*]
>builds, with the inode signature optimisation.

>If you _are_ using tla 1.1, then yes, there is definately a problem.

Yes, I am:

tla tree-version
address@hidden/tla--devo--1.1
tla log-ls -s
base-0
    tag of address@hidden/tla--devo--1.0--patch-54
patch-171
    3-way merge with conflict markers (in star-merge)

Note my profiling, and what actually took time. I also introduced a
don't-read-and-compare-files-with-same-mtime to diffs, and changed so
that the pristine tree would get the corect mtimes (the same as the
inventory tree), in no vain, it saved me about a minute of execution
time...

I've also noticed that several other commands compues the inventory
listing several times, and spends quite some time doing so (import
does it three times).

--
http://redhog.org
GPG Public key: http://redhog.org/PGP%20Public%20key.asc