[Gnu-arch-users] cygwin support for tla, thoughts

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] cygwin support for tla, thoughts
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:52:32 -0800

Just reading up on Cygwin support for arch tonight, I found that Cygwin
is currently limited to pathnames 256 characters in length or less, plus
a couple rename bugs with some special filenames.  Are patches for those
in the works?  The Cygwin/XFree86 branch is interesting in working with
Xouvert, but they need arch to work on Cygwin.

Also, I was wondering about the structure of the archives.

why, instead of a directories named

   gar/mainline/1.0/patch-*
do we have

   gar/gar--mainline/gar--mainline--1.0/patch-*

This seems a bit redundant; does it buy us something?

How about just naming the directories like this:

   gar--mainline--1.0/patch-*

Tom, your design sense is generally excellent; can you explain that
design decision to us?

Jonathan

--

It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-951-4142
Email:   address@hidden
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org