[Gnu-arch-users] Error calling vu_unlink on samba share(?)

From: Jonathan Fosburgh
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Error calling vu_unlink on samba share(?)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:31:17 -0600

I am intrigued by arch and have been following through the tutorial.  The
system I am trying this on is FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT using tla compiled from the
port.  My archive is located on a Samba share mounted from a Red Hat Linux
system.  When attempting to perform operations such as `tla what-changed` or
'tla commit` I get errors similar to the following:

Error calling `vu_unlink' to remove "/syjef/documentation/
documentation/,,address@hidden/
aixbook--mainline--1.10--patch-1.patches/patches/,,diff-output" (Operation
not permitted)
PANIC: I/O error

Is this, as I am suspecting, a Samba issue?  I have not yet had an opportunity
to try this on a local filesystem.
--
Jonathan Fosburgh
AIX and Storage Administrator