Re: [Gnu-arch-users] configs - extracting from arch

From: Robin Farine
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] configs - extracting from arch
Date: 16 Nov 2003 22:53:30 +0100

    > CVS with a non CVS nested tree foo will generate a ? foo during update
    > and commit. So no errors will occur.

Right. The '? foo' will probably result into recurrent bug reports or
feature requests though :), but that's another story.

    > So what options for those folk that want this mix n match approach?
    > Well, I can think of two easy ones.
    > 1) do tla init-tree --nested in the CVS sub tree's root after checkout.
    > Add {arch} to the .cvsignore file.

This sounds reasonable. Maybe config-manager could even just create an
empty {arch} directory at the root of a CVS tree nested in an Arch
controlled project tree and add an entry to the .cvsignore file?

    > Now, if someone is doing the arch metadata in CVS syncronisation
    > approach, this doesn't work (obviously), but if they are doing that,
    > then this *isn't needed* as they should just grab the arch tree.

Yes, and here again, config-manager could emit a warning when one
attempts to do it the silly way.

Robin