Re: [Gnu-arch-users] unmatched files

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] unmatched files
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 23:27:22 +0000

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 05:38:44PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> "untagged-source" was a nice step forward.  However, it still isn't
> enough to just use "untagged-source precious" with say an
> autotools-using project.  That's because .deps and .libs don't match any
> regexp, and are thus categorized as unrecognized, which is an error.
> The user won't be able to commit until they do something about this.

What you want is a =tagging-method file that comes arranged for
auto{conf,make} in advance. I have one of those in my ~ someplace. I
thought about distributing it, but rapidly realised that you want
different files depending which tools you use - autoconf is pretty
common, but any of the following can also be used and introduce new
things that you want in the regexps: automake, gettext, libtool,
dejagnu, etc...

What I've been meaning to do is write a little perl script that
generates =tagging-method files based on a set of options. I think
I'll go and do that now, actually.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |