Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Help request: Using Arch to build ROX-compliant app

From: Jason McCarty
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Help request: Using Arch to build ROX-compliant applications.
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:00:25 -0500

Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:
> While I know that most dot-files are ignored, I did change the "precious"
> tagging-method item to include .DirIcon explicitly.  I can add it to the
> inventory (in fact, tla commit won't work for me unless I do so anyway),
> and listing it comes back with a "P" tag.  Yet, the commit still doesn't
> actually commit the file.

If you want .DirIcon to be under version control, you need to make it
pass the source regexp, not precious. Arch will leave precious files in
your working tree alone, but they won't be put into your archive.

If there's a bug here, it's that inventory isn't explained well enough,
or that "tla add" shouldn't let you add files that don't pass the source
regexp.

Jason