Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Pika Scheme project announcement

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Pika Scheme project announcement
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 18:34:30 -0500

What I think would be really cool would be a (functional) scheme impl. with
(1) small enough source that packages could include its source code in their
tar file without batting an eye, and (2) small enough runtime that they could
simply statically link against it.  Of course, a more integrated distribution
like debian would separate out these things when they packaged it, but I'm
thinking of the `I want to run this app on my Solaris system' case.

I haven't looked at guile in a long time, though libguile on my system is
rather big, and the general vibe I get from the project is of features, not
svelteness.  [My other complaint with guile in the past was the super duper
butt-ugly source code, stemming largely from scm; maybe that stuff has been
rewritten since.]

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.