Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more on the merge-fest

From: Samuel A. Falvo II
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more on the merge-fest
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:52:35 -0800

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 07:40 pm, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> False. I know one very important thing about your experience: it leads
> you to the conclusion you made. From this piece of data I can conclude
> all kinds of things.
>
> Arguments of the form "You know nothing about [me]..." are invariably
> broken.

False.  I'm posting with the name of Samuel, yet I could be female.  You
don't know, until you actually meet me.  Until further evidence presents
itself, you have to take it on faith that I am, in fact, male.

For the purposes of the conversation at hand, however, Stephan made a
totally baseless statement, one which can be interpreted easily as
ad-hominem.

> > > Most of the time, the specification is pulled out of the air (to
> > > satisfy the requirements) and then ignored completely, and bears
> > > no resemblence to the result.
> >
> > Not for the companies I've worked for, and none of them were tied to
> > the government in any way.
>
> So they are totally irrelevant? Why are you even bringing them up?

???  You totally confused me with this.  Explain yourself.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II