[Gnu-arch-users] Descending from multiple trees

From: Jacob Gorm Hansen
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Descending from multiple trees
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 18:12:02 +0100

hi,

I have the archives xen--unstable--1.3 and xen--migration--1.3, with the
latter being a branch of the former, containing experimental changes to
an unstable branch. However, I have decided to move my development to a
less cutting-edge branch, which I am planning to place in
xen--stable--1.2, and create xen--migration--1.2 as a branch from that.

Now I can retrieve all my changes to unstable--1.3 like this:

tla changes --diffs xen--migration--1.3--patch-8 >somefile

And use patch to merge them into xen--migration--1.2. But if I do this,
I loose information about where these changes came from, making the
eventual merge back into xen--unstable--1.3 harder.

What is the clever way of doing this?

thanks in advance,
Jacob