Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:14:12 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>

    > As long as the archive/branch ordering is used consistently
    > everywhere the case-sensitivity issue can be solved locally, but
    > by mixing the two you introduced a global constraint.

That's an insightful way to look at it but not a realistic one, I
think.

You're only going to be mixing these case-differing categories
_within_a_single_project_.  So if you generalize your sense of "local"
a little bit to "interesting participants in a particular project" --
then it's a local solution no matter how you look at it.

Please don't gripe to me about non-cooperative contributors.   That's
insoluable and larger and scope than just case issues.   They could do
things like overload archive names, for example.

Arch potentiates -- not enforces -- cooperation.