Re: [Gnu-arch-users] ArchZoom, initial announce

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] ArchZoom, initial announce
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:03:31 +0100

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 22:37:30 +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> Module::Build is out of the question for archzoom and other end-user
> projects, since it is not bundled with Perl. As for arch-perllib,
> it will probably use ExtUtils::MakeMaker for the same reason.
>
> I have experience with autoconf/automake, so this is not a problem, they
> are perlish too, but in a different way. :) However I am open here too.
>
> I will be glad if you help, we probably should chat outside of this list.
> If you can, please install perl-5.6.x, perl-5.8.x and optionally
> perl5.005. I really want everything to work on these versions too
> (probably less effectivelly, but still work well). Currently there are
> small technical problems with 5.005* that will be probably solved with
> autoconf; if someone needs it, I may send a simple 3 line patch.
> Depending on the feedback I may choose to only support perl >= 5.6.0.

You should be able to do everything with ExtUtils::MakeMaker. Especialy if
you don't depend on external software (other than perl modules and perl
itself). I have already done the dirty tricks like adding/fixing
MakeMaker's make rules, so I could help here if needed.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>