Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Minor quibbles

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Minor quibbles
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:01:25 -0800

On Mar 17, 2004, at 7:49, Aaron Bentley wrote:

Since changing both file and id is the common case, it should be the default. As I see it, we can have "remove-id" or "remove --id", but not both approaches. And we already have "rm-id" and "mv-id", so we should stick with that approach.

The thing I don't like about the ``mv-id'' approach is that it makes tab completion a bit more difficult. I suppose two letter examples are bad, though. As a convention, I think it makes more sense to have the --id-only type option.

--
Dustin Sallings