Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] the poetry of donald rumsfeld

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] the poetry of donald rumsfeld
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:22:23 -0800 (PST)

    > From: "Pierce T.Wetter III" <address@hidden>

    > > I don't think so.  I think the decision was based on "they're weak
    > > enough we can do it" and the agony was entirely over "how to sell it".

    >    While "They're weak enough we can do it" was definitely an "plus", it
    > was
    > still a tough call. I'm not THAT cynical.

Right.  I didn't mean that "they're weak" was the complete reason.  My
interpretation is we needed to do _something_ in the region, and by
virtue of being so weak, Iraq won the lottery of where to kick.
(That, indeed, we can leave the place far better off than we found it
sure doesn't hurt either.)

    > > Yup.   By the time you boil it down to that level of detail, you've
    > > found your reason to vote for Kerry even though it doesn't make all
    > > that much difference.

    >   Ugh. I wouldn't go that far. Have you actually read anything Kerry's
    > written?
    > I'm not going to vote for Kerry just because I think Bush could have
    > done a
    > better job, I'd have to think Kerry could do a better job, which I
    > don't.

    > Hell, I could have done a better job at my work yesterday, that doesn't
    > mean I
    > should get fired.

No, but .... if you'd done some pretty difficult things and, in order
to pull them off, compromised your ability to do what needs to be done
next --- then you could and should get fired with honor.