Re: [Gnu-arch-users] URL Encoding

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] URL Encoding
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 20:00:11 +0100

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 19:50, Matthieu Moy wrote:
> [...]
> Seems to me to be the best compromize ...

I don't know. For starters, how often do you actually do this? (register
an archive)? And then again, how often does it contain % encoded
characters? I think the usability isn't worth the effort. I think its an
education issue:
 1) change the tutorial to tell users to not use curly brackets, its
    sort of silly in the first place, there's no good reason to do that
    on a web server. If no one would be using curly brackets, we
    wouldn't have this discussion at all.
 2) document that tla accepts only the unencoded form

johannes
--
http://www.sipsolutions.de/
Key-ID: 9AB78CA5 Johannes Martin Berg <address@hidden>